Welcome to The Log Home Neighborhood! We're glad you stopped by.Feel free to introduce yourself here, or, create a profile and start uploading photos and videos, start blogging, join groups and take advantage of all the best resources the The Log Home Neighborhood has to offer.Oh, and by the way, I'm the Neighborhood Host - so let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns and I'll be more than happy to accommodate you!Continue
'have had our 1989 1,400 sg. ft swedish cope house for a year. have used the wood stove up until this point. recently had heat pump (outdoor electric heat/air model by Trane) checked out. it has not worked from day one. it looks like we will be replacing the unit with something else. we are in gold country (california). no natural gas available in area, most people use propane or wood here. not too excited about propane as it is expensive! hear good and bad about heat pumps. we are at 3500 ft…Continue
Hello,My wife and I are long time log home dwellers. For most all of those years we have had the dumb cluster fly problems. Our current home has windows facing South floor to cathedral ceiling. Fly and ladybug heaven. A month or so back I bought a ultraviolet indoor bug zapper. So often I try things such as the zapper that don't work. Well bingo. The flys were gone in two days. We do still get one or two, but the machine makes short order of them. No solution for the ladybugs yet. Open to ideas…Continue
It seems a never ending battle with mold/mildew on my log home. The home is about 30' tall at the peak so it's difficult to get on ladders each spring/fall and scrub the logs to clean them. If I just spray on Log Wash, it doesn't do anything unless I scrub.I just stained my home 2 years ago. I pressure washed it last summer and washed it again earlier this spring. I use Log Wash.Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this? Or is this just the log home life and I should get used…Continue
I recently bought a 30 year old cypress log home. I believe it was stained and protected for 23 years and was painted 7 years ago. There is no rot that can be seen and it's 900 sq. ft. What is the best way to preserve it?Continue
Hi all, I'm David from Toronto. One of my neighbour's apartment caught fire last month. Luckily, no one was injured during the accident. Nothing much happened except some insignificant damages inside the apartment.Next day, they hired an electrician from an electric repair service for the inspection. The inspection figured out outdated wiring is the reason behind the fire. The old wiring couldn't…Continue
Started by James F. Geyer in Building and Maintenance Issues Oct 25.