The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

All About Stains and Sealants (159)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stain

Hi All, I just joined after looking for info on restaining advise. Our log home is 6 years old We used VELVIT OIL log penetrating stain and…

Started by Lindsay Cuvelier

31 Jan 16, 2010
Reply by Jay Reeves

Borate Behaviour

Got a puzzling question here. I had to strip and sand the south facing wall of a log home we just bought due to the previous owners neglec…

Started by Jay Reeves

5 Jan 8, 2010
Reply by Jay Reeves

Interior stain question.

Hi. My hemlock log home is finally under roof and ready to stain the interior walls. I love the look of my log walls when they are wet it r…

Started by Matt Lauer

4 Jan 5, 2010
Reply by logdog

Oxalic Acid Etched The Windows

Hi Everyone - Hope you are enjoying Fall (it's here!) We recently stained our home and used a cleaner and brightener before staining. The o…

Started by Deb D

8 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Deb D

Sealing interior walls

Hello All, Newbe poster to this site but have been lurking for a while. Wife and I are building in North West Ga. as we speak and are close…

Started by grooter

5 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Terry Tadysak

HOW TO CLEAN AND STAIN/SEAL A LOG HOME THA THAS BEEN NEGLECTED FOR SOME TIME

NEED TO CLEAN AND STAIN/SEAL A LOG HOME THAT HAS BEEN NEGLECTED FOR SOME TIME THAT WE JUST BOUGHT .. HOW DO YOU STAIN /SEAL THE LOGS WITHOU…

Started by JOHN MILLER

3 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Kelly

Log stain

My question is to log home owners who have been in their homes for a while...What stain and sealer did you use on your home & how well…

Started by Cassie Berger

2 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by Cassie Berger

stain

Has anyone tried Super Deck Log Home Oil Finish or Australian Timber Oil, for staining their log home?

Started by Dorothy Eppich

0 Aug 14, 2009

Stain comparison - Calculating Cost

Mr. Mandu, I decided to start a new discussion, rather than to keep going back and forth on Mr. Thomas' page. Originally, I asked why would…

Started by Todd Andrews

5 Aug 11, 2009
Reply by Stephanie Hintz

Need interior & exterior how to sheets and advise on best products?

Hello- We are a few weeks away from staining the interior and exterior of our new construction log home. we have no idea what we are doing…

Started by Susan Self

3 Aug 3, 2009
Reply by CharisB

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service