The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

All About Stains and Sealants (152)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Order of stain,caulk, clear topcoat

Hi, Could someone please give me the order that things are done after our log cabin is cob blasted? Is it caulk, stain, clear topcoat? Or s…

Started by Fi Smith

11 May 18, 2009
Reply by Fi Smith

Broda Stains anyone??

Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with the Broda line of log stains made by CBR Products? It is a product made in BC for the…

Started by Linda M

1 May 8, 2009
Reply by Greg SWEETS

Honey 2000 Woodguard

I ordered Honey 2000 Woodguard to stain the exterior of my home. I am going to put on first coat after I use Oxalic Acid to clean and open…

Started by Ray Mazza

16 May 4, 2009
Reply by Todd Andrews

Cleaning badly stained logs prior to first application.

We have been building our log home for 2 yrs. The logs do not have the first coat of stain on them. Long Story. Some of the logs have black…

Started by Sharon

21 Apr 18, 2009
Reply by Kelly

need help with stain issues

Sooooooooooooooooo...long story short, we have a green log home. This started out because of a color mistake on the stain. The first coat t…

Started by Jay

29 Apr 5, 2009
Reply by Sheds and Shacks

STAIN COMPATIBILITY

STAIN COMPATIBILITY Did you know that not all stains are compatible with all caulks and chinking? If your home is already stained, stain…

Started by Kelly

0 Apr 4, 2009

Stain Colors

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what color stain to use in a cabin that we are going to use chinked cedar siding on the inside…

Started by katie Cash

5 Apr 4, 2009
Reply by Tim Bullock

Staining your log home!!

HI... About five years ago, I designed a small log home, and found a builder to build it on my little three acre lot in the White Mtns. of…

Started by Norma Miarecki

3 Jan 23, 2009
Reply by Kelly

Linseed Oil Alternative after Application

I started building a log cabin this summer in ontario, Canada. I used linseed oil w/ UV protection, however the Canadian government is goin…

Started by Rolly

5 Jan 6, 2009
Reply by Greg SWEETS

Help with interior stain dilemma!

Hi everyone! I appreciate the opportunity to get some input. So, I bought a log home built in 1976 that needed a great deal of work. I have…

Started by Minnesota

3 Nov 23, 2008
Reply by Kelly

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service