The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

All About Stains and Sealants (159)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Novel Question: What is the CHEAPEST exterior finish out there?

I have found lots of questions about the "best" finish, but I want the most cost effective finish. Paying $350.00 for a 5 gallon pail of st…

Started by David Thomas

4 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by Donald Southwell

Looking at chinking estimates

Hello everyone, I am new to your site and seems that I may have found the correct place to ask this question. I have a log home I have bee…

Started by Daniel Bergman

2 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Terry Tadysak

More phenominally cheap and highly effective ideas from Dave

I am posting what I have learned about living in a log home in hopes that someone will tell me a cheap and easy way to do what I want to do…

Started by David Thomas

5 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Susan

what color stain ????

new construction!!!!! just started 3 weeks ago after 2 months of rain ,rain, rain, now have the basement walls and floors ready to go, the…

Started by Glenda

6 Jul 9, 2009
Reply by Glenda

Solid Stain on Log Home

I purchased a log home for the first time about nine months ago. The previous owners used a solid stain on the entire home. The caulking is…

Started by Ken Whitly

5 Jul 7, 2009
Reply by CharisB

Borate Solution

Just a quick question. I just sprayed our log home with Permachink's Shield Guard borate. I used a 50/50 mixture with water and used a gard…

Started by Dave and Julie Christiansen

3 Jun 22, 2009
Reply by Greg SWEETS

Caulking and Staining

We're getting ready to pressure wash, caulk, and re-treat/stain our log house for the first time. (The first time since we moved into it, a…

Started by B.W. Costello

3 May 26, 2009
Reply by Greg SWEETS

Order of stain,caulk, clear topcoat

Hi, Could someone please give me the order that things are done after our log cabin is cob blasted? Is it caulk, stain, clear topcoat? Or s…

Started by Fi Smith

11 May 18, 2009
Reply by Fi Smith

Broda Stains anyone??

Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with the Broda line of log stains made by CBR Products? It is a product made in BC for the…

Started by Linda M

1 May 8, 2009
Reply by Greg SWEETS

Honey 2000 Woodguard

I ordered Honey 2000 Woodguard to stain the exterior of my home. I am going to put on first coat after I use Oxalic Acid to clean and open…

Started by Ray Mazza

16 May 4, 2009
Reply by Todd Andrews

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service