The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Repair and Home Projects Help (113)

Featured Discussions

Painting Kitchen Cabinets - What color??

Hi all... We've just installed some used kitchen cabinets that will need painting - the dilemma of coarse is the color ...    I see many pi…

Started by Summer SegeleonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Framed or frame less shower doors?

Hey, I replaced the standard bathtub of our log home bathroom with a shower (76'hieght). It was expensive, but I don't bother as I feel it…

Started by Emma Nathan

0 Aug 22

Rot

Looking for help with this horrible problem, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My second floor bedroom has a balcony.  The logs…

Started by John & Pat Biehn

2 Aug 6
Reply by John & Pat Biehn

Used fridge for our out house bakery...

Hey, we have set a tiny log cabin in our backyard. My mom is a baker, so we are considering it as a source of income. My mom used to bake c…

Started by Emma Nathan

0 Jul 29

Log home that has sun burn logs.

I am currently working on a log home that has logs that have had an oil stain on them for the past 5 years.   The log siding on the home lo…

Started by Tim and Anita Dyer

3 Jul 24
Reply by Brian Donelson

furniture ideas

Hello, finishing a log home and looking for some ideas on furniture. Need a sofa and loveseat combo would like leather however we are findi…

Started by Andrew

0 May 17

Tips to Find Frozen Pipes

"Hey, I'm Joan from Toronto. I had issues with frozen pipes in cold climate. I normally call local plumbers for servicing. The last Christm…

Started by James F. Geyer

1 Nov 22, 2018
Reply by Joseph L Lopez

replacing wonky heat pump with ?

'have had our 1989 1,400 sg. ft swedish cope house for a year. have used the wood stove up until this point. recently had heat pump (outdoo…

Started by karen ide

1 Nov 10, 2018
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Garage ideas

My wife and I are starting the planning stages of building a detached garage on our property. It will be next to our log cabin. Our cabin w…

Started by Dave McLochlin

1 Sep 21, 2018
Reply by Donald Parsons

Painting Kitchen Cabinets - What color??

Hi all... We've just installed some used kitchen cabinets that will need painting - the dilemma of coarse is the color ...    I see many pi…

Started by Summer Segeleon

12 Sep 12, 2018
Reply by Eddison Baker

Drill a hole to the outside

I want to run some speaker wire to the outside of my log home.   Any suggestions?   Should I drill through the chinking or through the log?…

Started by JD

10 Sep 6, 2018
Reply by Eddison Baker

RSS

© 2019   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service