The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Repair and Home Projects Help (108)

Featured Discussions

Painting Kitchen Cabinets - What color??

Hi all... We've just installed some used kitchen cabinets that will need painting - the dilemma of coarse is the color ...    I see many pi…

Started by Summer SegeleonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

replacing wonky heat pump with ?

'have had our 1989 1,400 sg. ft swedish cope house for a year. have used the wood stove up until this point. recently had heat pump (outdoo…

Started by karen ide

1 Nov 10
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Tips to Find Frozen Pipes

"Hey, I'm Joan from Toronto. I had issues with frozen pipes in cold climate. I normally call local plumbers for servicing. The last Christm…

Started by James F. Geyer

0 Oct 23

Garage ideas

My wife and I are starting the planning stages of building a detached garage on our property. It will be next to our log cabin. Our cabin w…

Started by Dave McLochlin

1 Sep 21
Reply by Donald Parsons

Painting Kitchen Cabinets - What color??

Hi all... We've just installed some used kitchen cabinets that will need painting - the dilemma of coarse is the color ...    I see many pi…

Started by Summer Segeleon

12 Sep 12
Reply by Eddison Baker

Drill a hole to the outside

I want to run some speaker wire to the outside of my log home.   Any suggestions?   Should I drill through the chinking or through the log?…

Started by JD

10 Sep 6
Reply by Eddison Baker

Need help in cleaning the house

Recently I bought a new house. It's away from the city, near a lake. The place is really beautiful. It was our dream to live in a beautiful…

Started by James F. Geyer

0 Aug 31

Log Home Exterior Restoration

My wife and I are about to totally redo the outside of our log home that we purchased last November. I've been researching for several week…

Started by Daniel Noel

4 Aug 21
Reply by Eddison Baker

Replacing windows

Hello!  We need to replace a bay window in our 30 year old log home.  We want to replace it with a picture window.  We received an estimate…

Started by Pastrygirl04

6 Aug 15
Reply by Eddison Baker

Roof Replacement on Log Cabin with Cathedral Ceilings

I have a log cabin that was built in 1977 in Midlothian VA.  It has had the roof replaced once in 1994 and currently has cedar shakes.  The…

Started by Matthew Louis

0 Jul 17

Log home Insulation question

Hello everyone, I purchased a log home last year and would like some advice on how to improve the insulation. I know, this question has bee…

Started by Jon Z

1 May 4
Reply by Jeremiah Johnson

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service