The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Repair and Home Projects Help (74)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cob Blasting - estimated cost?

I was wondering if anyone would know the estimated cost of cob blasting a 1900 sq ft ranch style log home. The house was built in 1994 and…

Started by Scott Lambert

14 Jan 16, 2013
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Painting Kitchen Cabinets - What color??

Hi all... We've just installed some used kitchen cabinets that will need painting - the dilemma of coarse is the color ...    I see many pi…

Started by Summer Segeleon

6 Jan 14, 2013
Reply by Eugene James

What Color to paint second floor of great room area

I have a great room which is open with Living room, dining area and kitchen.  I have two large gable windows.  My problem is that I have be…

Started by Pat Watters

3 Jan 14, 2013
Reply by Eugene James

Log Home Sales Colorado

Colorado has been seeing a big increase in Log Home sales, especially in the high country.  Where I live in Park County, South of Breckenri…

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

0 Jan 9, 2013

HELP. Corn Cob Blasting is Ruining the Logs

I'm working with a log home company to restain our home, which was built in 2002. The original finish was a sashco cascade and did marginal…

Started by Doug Reid

20 Jan 9, 2013
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Furnace repairs DIY

Furnaces can sometimes give you head aches, especially if it's cold outside and you need it more than ever. To make sure you don't need fur…

Started by Gundi Jones

0 Dec 14, 2012

Type of wood to use on balcony?

I’m a little confused and I was hoping somebody might be able to help me out? My bedroom on the 2nd floor has a small balcony.  This balcon…

Started by John & Pat Biehn

11 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by shanny

Adding a fireplace

We bought and are remodeling a log home.  The prior owner did not have a fireplace put in, and we wish to add one.  It must go on an interi…

Started by Brian Malkmus

4 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Brian Malkmus

Fire Pit (rustic)

Well, they are starting to grade the area around the house. We are building our log house in Maine and we wanted to get some ideas for a ru…

Started by Judy & Lee Peacock

13 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Julie Anne Brown

Black fungus or mold on exterior logs

Our log cabin is located in Southern Vermont on a lake.  I noticed that the northern exposure side, under the balcony has this dark stain a…

Started by John & Pat Biehn

16 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by John & Pat Biehn

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service