The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (866)

Featured Discussions

Deer Repellent Article

I came across this article this morning and thought you log home dwellers would appreciate it, seeing as how many of you are surrounded by…

Started by CharisBLatest Reply

window color?

what window color looks best with logs? white is a nice contrast but it is white. I was thinking maybe a alum. clad but staining  the wood…

Started by JasonLatest Reply

Staining Deck

I will soon be staining my porch deck which is made from pressure treated lumber. What is the best way to clean the porch prior to staining…

Started by BuckLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mold on log cabin - help please

Hi, we stained our log cabin just 6 months ago but have recently noticed a mold growing mainly around the bottom, and on the tops of some o…

Started by J

3 58 minutes ago
Reply by J

Insurance Coverage for Bird or Insect Damage

Hello,    Was just wondering if you any of you have homeowner insurance policies that cover damage to your infrastructure (logs, fascia, so…

Started by Jim Maher

1 Feb 4
Reply by Terry & Shelley S

replacement logs

I am having a heck of a time finding replacement logs anywhere in Texas. Can someone help me? Thanks

Started by Robert Bailey

1 Feb 2
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Prepping for Interior Stain - Removing Scuff Marks

Hello, everyone. Finishing our log home now. Have 12-inch rectangular logs of dead-standing Engelmann spruce and lodgepole pine; hand-hewn…

Started by Grant Nichols

7 Feb 2
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Looking for Log Home Repair Resources in Minnesota

Hi, I live in Minneapolis suburbs in log-sided home. I have some logs that need to be repaired/replaced. Does anyone have any references f…

Started by Michael Wallach

4 Jan 25
Reply by Raymond Wengerd

Log home renovation restore help?!

Hello. We bought a new to us acreage that has an older section of log home... We are learning lots from the process and would have done th…

Started by Ryley Layden

2 Jan 11
Reply by Ryley Layden

Dave's Cheap and Easy - Sprayers

For a long time, I used a cheapo creepo Wagner airless sprayer with the little bucket fixed to the spray head.  It's basically good for pai…

Started by David Thomas

1 Jan 2
Reply by Ishmael

Log home builders

"I am looking for log home builders willing to travel to do new log home construction, additions, modifications. If interested please reply…

Started by Len Kroll

0 Jan 1

Middle/South GA log home restoration and repair

Looking for someone or a company in Middle or South Georgia for log home restoration and repair! I'm located about 60 miles south of Macon…

Started by David Lewis

2 Dec 28, 2016
Reply by Chris Wood

Bird Feeders and Woodpeckers

Just wondering how many of you have put up bird feeders on your property.  I did some homework and talked to some local bird experts.  They…

Started by Jim Maher

0 Dec 27, 2016

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service