The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (878)

Featured Discussions

Deer Repellent Article

I came across this article this morning and thought you log home dwellers would appreciate it, seeing as how many of you are surrounded by…

Started by CharisBLatest Reply

window color?

what window color looks best with logs? white is a nice contrast but it is white. I was thinking maybe a alum. clad but staining  the wood…

Started by JasonLatest Reply

Staining Deck

I will soon be staining my porch deck which is made from pressure treated lumber. What is the best way to clean the porch prior to staining…

Started by BuckLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kitchen to porch door

What kind of door is popular with people for entering the screened in porch from the kitchen, hands full will be the norm I'm sure , slidin…

Started by Greg Beck

3 6 hours ago
Reply by Terry & Shelley S

Middle/South GA log home restoration and repair

Looking for someone or a company in Middle or South Georgia for log home restoration and repair! I'm located about 60 miles south of Macon…

Started by David Lewis

4 on Tuesday
Reply by Donald Parsons

Wall Leaks

Hello everyone. Our log home was built in 2010 and there is one large (our largest) exposed wall that leaks through the log checks during w…

Started by Carlos B

2 on Tuesday
Reply by Donald Parsons

Carpenter Bees

We recently bought a two story log cabin near Atlanta GA. We have a lot of carpenter bees and some woodpeckers are damaging our logs. In th…

Started by Bill Marsh

3 Apr 11
Reply by Terry & Shelley S

Suggestions on upkeep

New to log cabin ownership. The South side of cabin gets more sun and therefore the stain is faded. Can I only clear coat it or need to san…

Started by Billy Benedict

3 Apr 7
Reply by CharisB

Carpenter Bee's

Carpenter Bee season is coming up. Carpeter bees are large (1 inch) yellow and black bees which become active in early spring. They resembl…

Started by Kelly

0 Apr 6

Mold on log cabin - help please

Hi, we stained our log cabin just 6 months ago but have recently noticed a mold growing mainly around the bottom, and on the tops of some o…

Started by J

15 Apr 3
Reply by CharisB

Understanding Different Types Of Cleaners

Chlorine Bleach, Oxalic Acid, Sodium Percarbonate Bleach (Oxygen bleach), Trisodium Phosphate (TSP)Their Respective Pros and Cons 1. Chlori…

Started by Kelly

2 Mar 28
Reply by Kelly

Treat Your Logs First To Make Them Last

Treat Your Logs First To Make Them Last. You've just spent a long time leafing through planning books, selecting the logs, choosing the per…

Started by Kelly

1 Mar 28
Reply by Donald Parsons

New to site and log homes, just starting our restoration of a new place

Hi everyone.  New owner of a 35 year old kit log home in southern California.  This house has been neglected and now we (my wife, kids and…

Started by James King

6 Mar 27
Reply by Raymond Wengerd

RSS

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service