The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (902)

Featured Discussions

Deer Repellent Article

I came across this article this morning and thought you log home dwellers would appreciate it, seeing as how many of you are surrounded by…

Started by CharisBLatest Reply

window color?

what window color looks best with logs? white is a nice contrast but it is white. I was thinking maybe a alum. clad but staining  the wood…

Started by JasonLatest Reply

Staining Deck

I will soon be staining my porch deck which is made from pressure treated lumber. What is the best way to clean the porch prior to staining…

Started by BuckLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Insurance Coverage for Bird or Insect Damage

Hello,    Was just wondering if you any of you have homeowner insurance policies that cover damage to your infrastructure (logs, fascia, so…

Started by Jim Maher

2 on Saturday
Reply by Peggy Ellis

Precision craft homes and Harkins log homes

I’m looking for some personal reviews from anyone who has had a home built by precision craft or Harkins.  Thanks Chris

Started by Chris Davies

0 Mar 5

ICC-400 code

is any one familiar with ICC - 400 structural code?  Building inspector has issued a cease work order until i can verify the loge home kit…

Started by Andrew

10 Mar 5
Reply by CharisB

Full scribe handcrafted log homes... good or bad?

I’m in the planning stages of building a handcrafted log home. I very much like the appeal of a handcrafted log home but my dilemma is I ca…

Started by Chris Davies

0 Mar 1

How to season logs before building

Hello, My first post, after wandering around in this forum. I am planning to build a 26'x32' log framed garage - my first such project.  It…

Started by Larry J. Bishop

4 Feb 21
Reply by Larry J. Bishop

Best stain for western red cedar

Hello I have finished and restored several log homes, but have never worked on a western red cedar home.  What are the best finishes to use…

Started by Tim Waterman

3 Feb 20
Reply by CharisB

Can logs be taken to a kiln?

I'm interested in building a small cabin from the trees on my land. I only need this to last 2 or 3 years. Is it possible to take my logs…

Started by Dan Daughtery

1 Feb 15
Reply by Donald Parsons

Logs needed in California

Looking for logs for adirondack lean to in California.  Need about 300 lf of 8" logs, preferably D-style.  Anyone know of companies in CA t…

Started by baconman

1 Feb 12
Reply by Cynthia Gugg

Deck Stains

I wanted to let everyone know about this new product we like. I own MM Wood Restoration & Protection based in Washington State and have…

Started by Mike

0 Feb 7

Looking for a book to build a cabin

Hi . I'm new on this group and I have a plane to build my own log cabin. I was looking for a book who explains step by step how to do it, w…

Started by Gee gee

3 Jan 27
Reply by Terry & Shelley S

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service