The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (892)

Featured Discussions

Deer Repellent Article

I came across this article this morning and thought you log home dwellers would appreciate it, seeing as how many of you are surrounded by…

Started by CharisBLatest Reply

window color?

what window color looks best with logs? white is a nice contrast but it is white. I was thinking maybe a alum. clad but staining  the wood…

Started by JasonLatest Reply

Staining Deck

I will soon be staining my porch deck which is made from pressure treated lumber. What is the best way to clean the porch prior to staining…

Started by BuckLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Landscape design

We are in the process of clearing land for a new log home. We need some large out buildings on the property and we can’t decide the orienta…

Started by David Loop

2 yesterday
Reply by David Loop

How to Get Rid Of Carpenter Bees

www.darncarpenterbees.com Carpenter bees, also known as wood-boring bees, are mostly known by their ability to literally drill through wood…

Started by Matt Riner

3 on Monday
Reply by Arthur C. Reynolds

Winterizing

I'm about to close on a cabin in southern South Carolina (5 min over Georgia border).   We plan on only using the cabin every two months or…

Started by Brian Matzen

1 Nov 8
Reply by John Lile

Window and door installation, shrinkage spec allowances

I'm aware that log cabins need to be made to allow for shrinkage for various aspects including windows and doors. I've read, that the log c…

Started by John Lile

0 Nov 6

General contractor in MA

Looking for a decent licensed general contract in North Eastern MA, any suggestions would be vey helpful. Thanks

Started by Andrew

6 Oct 19
Reply by Andrew

Chinking question

Attached are some pics of my chinking. I'm assuming it's about ten years old. It's starting to shrink and pull away. Or the wood is shrink…

Started by Patrick

4 Oct 16
Reply by CharisB

Looking for licensed General Contractor in Central Florida

Have a client that will be building in the Leesburg, FL area and is looking for a local general contractor to provide turn-key construction…

Started by Donald Parsons

0 Oct 12

Anyone know what this is?

Recently bought a log home. Noticed red spots on bottom of some beams. Unsure if it's a growth of some kind or old drips from stain/pitch.…

Started by karen jensen

4 Sep 22
Reply by Bill

To Pressure Wash or Not?

Hi everyone, I just bought a log home built in 1989. Haven't even moved in yet but I've discovered Perma-Chink's Web site. Seems I'll be i…

Started by Alexis L. Foxx

21 Sep 14
Reply by vancilwa

old house borers

We built our log home 24 yrs ago. Always have been diligent about my log care, use Woodguard every couple years. The house is southern pine…

Started by greg davis

2 Sep 12
Reply by greg davis

RSS

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service