The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (916)

Featured Discussions

Deer Repellent Article

I came across this article this morning and thought you log home dwellers would appreciate it, seeing as how many of you are surrounded by…

Started by CharisBLatest Reply

window color?

what window color looks best with logs? white is a nice contrast but it is white. I was thinking maybe a alum. clad but staining  the wood…

Started by JasonLatest Reply

Staining Deck

I will soon be staining my porch deck which is made from pressure treated lumber. What is the best way to clean the porch prior to staining…

Started by BuckLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Best way to add soffits

Hi everyone, This is my first post on here! I have quite a lot of work to do on my home and was looking for some advice on my current focu…

Started by Aaron

2 1 hour ago
Reply by Aaron

fungus on the first row

Hi Those fungi appeared on the lowest log on the north side of our log home. That side is not exposed to the sun at all.  Any advice on ho…

Started by Catrinel Pauna

15 on Thursday
Reply by Catrinel Pauna

Ways to make the home secure

Three homes on my street were robbed recently. It occurred during the early evening. I want to make my home more secure. My front door has…

Started by Frizall

0 on Thursday

San Felipe de Austin / 200+ year old cabin restoration

We were lucky to play a big role in restoring a historical log cabin. This cabin was a major Texas relic. Here are some links to a time lap…

Started by Guild Log and Timber

0 on Wednesday

Bowed Marvin windows

Our logs are milled on our house built in 2002.  The builder used Marvin wood clad double hung windows.  We were advised nothing special n…

Started by Kristin Hoefling

1 on Wednesday
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Precision craft homes and Harkins log homes

I’m looking for some personal reviews from anyone who has had a home built by precision craft or Harkins.  Thanks Chris

Started by Chris Davies

2 May 6
Reply by Chris Davies

120 year old log home! Paint Romoval?

Hello All! I purchased a log home that was built in 1898! Some of the logs have water damage and may need to be replaced. Additionally the…

Started by Sarah Sullivan

3 May 4
Reply by Jeremiah Johnson

Tongue and groove construction

I would like advise on tongue and groove not meeting the wall

Started by Ann Baldwin

1 Apr 24
Reply by Ann Baldwin

Looking for Exterior Vent with curved flange

I have been searching for an exterior vent with a curved flange but have not been able to find. I am hoping that someone might point me to…

Started by Andrew Dutton

0 Apr 23

Insurance

looking for suggestions for cabin insurance in Pennsylvania. Having a devil of a time navigating this task

Started by Ron Long

0 Apr 20

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service