The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (872)

Featured Discussions

Deer Repellent Article

I came across this article this morning and thought you log home dwellers would appreciate it, seeing as how many of you are surrounded by…

Started by CharisBLatest Reply

window color?

what window color looks best with logs? white is a nice contrast but it is white. I was thinking maybe a alum. clad but staining  the wood…

Started by JasonLatest Reply

Staining Deck

I will soon be staining my porch deck which is made from pressure treated lumber. What is the best way to clean the porch prior to staining…

Started by BuckLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New to site and log homes, just starting our restoration of a new place

Hi everyone.  New owner of a 35 year old kit log home in southern California.  This house has been neglected and now we (my wife, kids and…

Started by James King

2 3 hours ago
Reply by James King

Newbies

Is there anybody with log home experience that we can pay to consult us with our newly purchased log home in Rogue River Oregon? We don't m…

Started by Shelley

6 19 hours ago
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

any ideas about this discoloration?

Hey there!  We are looking at purchasing this log home built in 1980 in New York state.  Can anyone tell from the pictures (southeast expos…

Started by TNail

4 yesterday

New series on HGTV about log homes

Hello from Montana, I'm a producer casting for a new HGTV show about people who have recently purchased a log home or are about to make a p…

Started by David Madison

3 yesterday

Need some help in Massachusetts

Went down a bad road with Southland log homes.  I believed in their sales pitch, signed a contract with an $11,000.00 deposit paid in Febru…

Started by Andrew

5 on Saturday
Reply by Andrew

Need Advice: Want a simple build I can do by hand, including moving the logs. HELP PLEASE.

Hi All! It is my dream to build a small cabin (maybe 800-1100 sq feet) using logs that I can cut down and hand carry with my wife. I saw on…

Started by Casey Jones

14 Mar 15
Reply by shanny

Can you share your log home's HERS rating?

Hi All, We are looking to build a log home in MA, but the new stretch energy codes require a HERS rating of 55 or less.  We have been told…

Started by Keren Rhodes

1 Feb 23
Reply by CharisB

Mold on log cabin - help please

Hi, we stained our log cabin just 6 months ago but have recently noticed a mold growing mainly around the bottom, and on the tops of some o…

Started by J

7 Feb 21
Reply by J

Insurance Coverage for Bird or Insect Damage

Hello,    Was just wondering if you any of you have homeowner insurance policies that cover damage to your infrastructure (logs, fascia, so…

Started by Jim Maher

1 Feb 4
Reply by Terry & Shelley S

replacement logs

I am having a heck of a time finding replacement logs anywhere in Texas. Can someone help me? Thanks

Started by Robert Bailey

1 Feb 2
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

RSS

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service