The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (872)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Prepping for Interior Stain - Removing Scuff Marks

Hello, everyone. Finishing our log home now. Have 12-inch rectangular logs of dead-standing Engelmann spruce and lodgepole pine; hand-hewn…

Started by Grant Nichols

7 Feb 2
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Looking for Log Home Repair Resources in Minnesota

Hi, I live in Minneapolis suburbs in log-sided home. I have some logs that need to be repaired/replaced. Does anyone have any references f…

Started by Michael Wallach

4 Jan 25
Reply by Raymond Wengerd

Log home renovation restore help?!

Hello. We bought a new to us acreage that has an older section of log home... We are learning lots from the process and would have done th…

Started by Ryley Layden

2 Jan 11
Reply by Ryley Layden

Dave's Cheap and Easy - Sprayers

For a long time, I used a cheapo creepo Wagner airless sprayer with the little bucket fixed to the spray head.  It's basically good for pai…

Started by David Thomas

1 Jan 2
Reply by Ishmael

Log home builders

"I am looking for log home builders willing to travel to do new log home construction, additions, modifications. If interested please reply…

Started by Len Kroll

0 Jan 1

Middle/South GA log home restoration and repair

Looking for someone or a company in Middle or South Georgia for log home restoration and repair! I'm located about 60 miles south of Macon…

Started by David Lewis

2 Dec 28, 2016
Reply by Chris Wood

Bird Feeders and Woodpeckers

Just wondering how many of you have put up bird feeders on your property.  I did some homework and talked to some local bird experts.  They…

Started by Jim Maher

0 Dec 27, 2016

Question about potential cabin...

Hey Folks, New here to the group, but we are seeing some great reads here to learn more as we move forward in buying our first log home. We…

Started by Chris Shelton

2 Dec 9, 2016
Reply by Chris Shelton

Financing for renovation, Need advice

Hi, I want to renovate my log house. I am thinking about immediately after the winter because it's my wedding in the spring. But, I am havi…

Started by Antony Huerta

0 Dec 7, 2016

Stain not lasting

Hi! I am wondering if anyone else has had the problems I am having with the stain on my logs? Three years ago I had my cedar logs pressure…

Started by P J DiCesare

3 Dec 5, 2016
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

RSS

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service