The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (751)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Afer I sand....

What is the best way to clean the saw dust off the logs after sanding before I stain?   Thanks, Brent

Started by Brent C.

4 Mar 1
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Colorado Log Home Maintenance (970) 368 2308

Do you own a log home in Colorado?  You will eventually need Log Home Finishing (970) 368 2308.  We specialize in log and wood sided home m…

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

0 Feb 21

Need experienced chinker/caulker in northeast Texas.

Anybody know of an experienced chinker/caulker for log cabins in Northeast Texas?   I have three log cabins erected at the same location &a…

Started by Mark Francis

34 Feb 21
Reply by Mark Francis

Simple Weekend Getaway

We have been considering (and want to) build a simple weekend getaway.  Something around 600 - 700 Square feet, one big room (except the ba…

Started by Vic Burk

13 Feb 14
Reply by Donald Parsons

Sweating Andersen Windows

We are having an issue with the windows sweating like crazy.  They are Andersen with wood frames so we have to wipe the lower edge of both…

Started by Judy & Lee Peacock

18 Feb 13
Reply by Marty Davis

Building it ourselves....call us crazy!

http://littleloghouse.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-start-of-little-log-house-on-hill.html We decided to build our log dream home ourselves. I…

Started by Sherri Brake Queener

10 Feb 13
Reply by Vic Burk

what to do with unused stripper/neutralizer?

last year in March, we met someone who also had a log home, who told us they had just stripped/refinished it the summer before. We asked wh…

Started by Catherine DeMarco

2 Feb 7
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Saving $$$$$

We are about done with financing. We can save about $10k putting in subfloor and erecting logs. Was just nervous with us doing it. 4 of my…

Started by Jason thomas

4 Jan 28
Reply by henry

Alternatives to V-Groove boards for vaulted ceiling?

Greetings all from West Virginia!! We purchased our ten-year old log home about one year ago and absolutely love it. There is a garage adja…

Started by Beth DuBoff

7 Jan 21
Reply by Beth DuBoff

Is cigarette smoke a deal breaker?

Hi everyone. My wife and I are considering purchasing a real log home but there is one problem with it. The existing owner has lived in it…

Started by Nick

4 Jan 16
Reply by Chris Wood

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service