The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (848)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Purchase - Gaps, Foam Insulation & Logs Splitting

Hi All- I'm so thankful I found such a unique and wonderfully helpful group! We are in the process of purchasing a log cabin that was built…

Started by Laura Hodge Pfister

2 Apr 7
Reply by Bob Mack

help? loft decking kerf cut? what to do...

Finishing our full scribe log home and am looking for some experienced advice. Im getting ready to install 2" decking on loft logs and the…

Started by Damion

1 Apr 7
Reply by Bob Mack

Windows

Needing to replace windows in a log home. We like the Windsor Brand, Monroe NC and Des Moines IA. Seems no one in this area has used them.…

Started by Glenn Molenaar

14 Mar 31
Reply by Susan Schutz

Might need to sell

Hi, my husband and I bought a log home that was built in a bad spot. For reasons I would rather not go into, we may have to move it. The bi…

Started by Jill Lusk-Meierl

0 Mar 23

Need help with your log home restoration?

Greetings All, I am a 25 year log home owner and also a veteran video media producer. It is amazing to me how long and hard my wife and I w…

Started by Rip Noel

4 Feb 5
Reply by Rip Noel

Seeking maintenance/restoration advice

We have purchased a log sided home in need of some restoration/maintenance. Its Cedar and the west side faces a lake. This side gets signif…

Started by Mark H

9 Feb 3
Reply by Raymond Wengerd

Needing advice about blasting and staining.

My house is 27 years old. There is no evidence that it has ever been stained since it's construction. I'm sure that it needs to be stained…

Started by Paul Woodman

16 Feb 1
Reply by George

Interior lighting, fan/light fixture or recessed lighting

The plan in the great room has a ceiling fan with a light fixture.  I'm not sure if this will be enough.  The great room is a prow with all…

Started by Cynthia Gugg

8 Jan 25
Reply by shanny

sequence to lowering jack

I am wondering if anybody ever lowered their own jacks on there log house? what the sequences is to doing it. 

Started by Herb Gale

5 Jan 21
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Soft Rot or just aridly dry?

I recently purchased a log home that hasn't been maintained in probably 10 years.  There are just a couple of small spots on the southern w…

Started by Barbara Bruno

14 Jan 9
Reply by Barbara Bruno

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2016   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service