The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (881)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Carpenter Bee's

Carpenter Bee season is coming up. Carpeter bees are large (1 inch) yellow and black bees which become active in early spring. They resembl…

Started by Kelly

0 Apr 6

Mold on log cabin - help please

Hi, we stained our log cabin just 6 months ago but have recently noticed a mold growing mainly around the bottom, and on the tops of some o…

Started by J

15 Apr 3
Reply by CharisB

Understanding Different Types Of Cleaners

Chlorine Bleach, Oxalic Acid, Sodium Percarbonate Bleach (Oxygen bleach), Trisodium Phosphate (TSP)Their Respective Pros and Cons 1. Chlori…

Started by Kelly

2 Mar 28
Reply by Kelly

Treat Your Logs First To Make Them Last

Treat Your Logs First To Make Them Last. You've just spent a long time leafing through planning books, selecting the logs, choosing the per…

Started by Kelly

1 Mar 28
Reply by Donald Parsons

New to site and log homes, just starting our restoration of a new place

Hi everyone.  New owner of a 35 year old kit log home in southern California.  This house has been neglected and now we (my wife, kids and…

Started by James King

6 Mar 27
Reply by Raymond Wengerd

Type of log home

Which style of log is better for R factor..rough hewn with chinking or D logs? We have had so many different answers to this already and we…

Started by Michelle Price

1 Mar 27
Reply by Donald Parsons

Newbies

Is there anybody with log home experience that we can pay to consult us with our newly purchased log home in Rogue River Oregon? We don't m…

Started by Shelley

6 Mar 22
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

any ideas about this discoloration?

Hey there!  We are looking at purchasing this log home built in 1980 in New York state.  Can anyone tell from the pictures (southeast expos…

Started by TNail

4 Mar 21

New series on HGTV about log homes

Hello from Montana, I'm a producer casting for a new HGTV show about people who have recently purchased a log home or are about to make a p…

Started by David Madison

3 Mar 21

Need Advice: Want a simple build I can do by hand, including moving the logs. HELP PLEASE.

Hi All! It is my dream to build a small cabin (maybe 800-1100 sq feet) using logs that I can cut down and hand carry with my wife. I saw on…

Started by Casey Jones

14 Mar 15
Reply by shanny

RSS

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service