The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (851)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking for a Better Exterior Finish for my Log Home

My log home was built about three years ago,. The exterior was stained/treated once by the builder and a second time about one year ago. Th…

Started by Kathryn Charles

5 Jun 6
Reply by David Thomas

Dave's Cheap and Easy - Sprayers

For a long time, I used a cheapo creepo Wagner airless sprayer with the little bucket fixed to the spray head.  It's basically good for pai…

Started by David Thomas

0 Jun 6

Dave's Cheap and Easy - This one is cheaper than dying!

For some odd reason, for a long time I used ladders for even the most dangerous work, i.e. > 20 ft high, reaching into tight spaces, etc…

Started by David Thomas

0 Jun 6

Dave's Cheap and Easy! Carpenter bees revisited

It's been a while (2013) since I posted anything here, but I thought I would put up what I've learned about carpenter bees in the last few…

Started by David Thomas

0 Jun 6

Carpenter Bee's

Carpenter Bee season is here! Carpeter bees are large (1 inch) yellow and black bees which become active in early spring. They resemble bu…

Started by Kelly

1 Jun 6
Reply by David Thomas

Sheetrock/drywall on 2x4 framing and insulation

Hi all, I am new to log home construction, but not new to the construction industry. I am looking to add drywall about 8' up the walls on…

Started by Derek Keehr

0 May 12

Sanding vs blasting process

Hello I will be restoring my home this spring and am wondering about the the difference between the two processes. Can a blasting company a…

Started by George

9 Apr 25
Reply by George

New Purchase - Gaps, Foam Insulation & Logs Splitting

Hi All- I'm so thankful I found such a unique and wonderfully helpful group! We are in the process of purchasing a log cabin that was built…

Started by Laura Hodge Pfister

2 Apr 7
Reply by Bob Mack

help? loft decking kerf cut? what to do...

Finishing our full scribe log home and am looking for some experienced advice. Im getting ready to install 2" decking on loft logs and the…

Started by Damion

1 Apr 7
Reply by Bob Mack

Windows

Needing to replace windows in a log home. We like the Windsor Brand, Monroe NC and Des Moines IA. Seems no one in this area has used them.…

Started by Glenn Molenaar

14 Mar 31
Reply by Susan Schutz

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2016   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service