The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (937)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Renting storage space

My house is 15 years old. Most of the houses in our locality have already undergone a renovation. Our house is looking so outdated compared…

Started by Alta C. Herr

2 Sep 28
Reply by Lisa F Larsen

Noise reduction

Does anyone have any experience in using carpet to soundproof a floor. Like many log houses our bedroom is under a second floor BR that has…

Started by Dave Neuburger

10 Sep 20
Reply by Robi Haqe

Deer Repellent Article

I came across this article this morning and thought you log home dwellers would appreciate it, seeing as how many of you are surrounded by…

Started by CharisB

2 Sep 15
Reply by Pieni Sieni

Log Production Time Schedule from Felling to Ready to Assemble Logs

Dear Log Home Neighborhood, Would someone like to explain, in layman's terms, what is the general schedule in terms of different processes…

Started by Pieni Sieni

0 Sep 15

Chinking Weather

I'm finishing up washing my logs, and I'll hopefully stain this week.   I'm getting worried, though.  I need to chink, and the nightly tem…

Started by Melody Haile

1 Sep 14
Reply by CharisB

Exterior log home sanding

I need to sand the exterior of my log home and was wondering what kind of sander to use?  I have 9" round mill logs and I am a bit perplexe…

Started by Michelle Rochette

3 Sep 10
Reply by Dave McLochlin

How to get rid of Squirrels??

HI, I'm new to this forum. I am having a hard time with squirrels in my balcony. They poo around making a mess and the noise, just can’t ta…

Started by James F. Geyer

2 Sep 5
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Need Home Security System

Hi guys, I'm from Vancouver. just bought a new house. Actually, the first house that I bought. Now  I need a good security system. I'm loo…

Started by James F. Geyer

0 Sep 1

Wireless Log Home Doorbells

Does any of our log home friends out there know where we can purchase a Wireless Doorbell (Cabin Style) like bears, trees, etc. Our electri…

Started by CJ from Va.

4 Aug 28
Reply by Leenice

Ways to make the home secure

Three homes on my street were robbed recently. It occurred during the early evening. I want to make my home more secure. My front door has…

Started by Frizall

7 Aug 23
Reply by James F. Geyer

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service