The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (839)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Burnt Log Home Corner

This Log Home corner was burned by a lighter malfunctioning. The customer had laid lighters in between the ridges on log ends,  for years.…

Started by Guild Log and Timber

0 Dec 20, 2015

Heat Loss from my Southland Grand Lakes cabin

Seeking advice on how to seal and stop heat loss from my Southland Grand Lakes cabin. Photo taken in Feb 2015 early morning with Temp below…

Started by Kathryn Charles

0 Dec 19, 2015

Lean-to (Pergola Metal Roof)

I am in the process of installing a metal roof over an outside deck. My rafters are in place and now I am getting ready to purchase and ins…

Started by Mitch Seth

0 Dec 18, 2015

Looking to buy a pre-owned log home in the Wake county NC area.

Looking to buy a pre-owned log home in the Wake county NC area.

Started by Sharie Birdt

0 Dec 11, 2015

1790's Log Home Restored

One of the oldest structures remaining in Ohio just happens to be a hardwood log home. This structure has a mixture of oak, cherry, maple,…

Started by Raymond Wengerd

4 Nov 23, 2015
Reply by Scott Castle

deciding on carpet

I trying to decide on carpet and welcome your input.  We will have an indoor/outdoor cat living with us.  Is there a particular type of car…

Started by Hank Hill

1 Nov 3, 2015
Reply by Jennifer Ron Hermer

Log Home Finishing

Log Home Finishing can make your logs look like this: Log Home Finishing http://loghomemaintenance.com 719 331 4047

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

0 Oct 29, 2015

new guy with some questions for those who have had their house media blasted

hi Everyone, new guy here today, been lurking for a while reading posts and learning. This is my first post.   i own a media blasting compa…

Started by chris fryer

18 Oct 26, 2015
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Insulation between logs

New member on here, and have looked pretty extensively at past posts trying to find some direction... I am building a real rustic log cabin…

Started by Carl Bartley

4 Oct 24, 2015
Reply by shanny

FLIES!

My husband and I built a log home as iur second home last year. Whenever we go up there, there are dead flies all over the floor and sills…

Started by jenharvey

33 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Art Hoffman

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2016   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service