The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (892)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sanding vs blasting process

Hello I will be restoring my home this spring and am wondering about the the difference between the two processes. Can a blasting company a…

Started by George

10 Sep 3
Reply by Bob Barnes

Middle/South GA log home restoration and repair

Looking for someone or a company in Middle or South Georgia for log home restoration and repair! I'm located about 60 miles south of Macon…

Started by David Lewis

5 Sep 3
Reply by Bob Barnes

Unsold Cabin Kits

Hi all, What companies are known to have good deals on cabin kits that buyers have backed out of, or any other kind of discounted kits?  I…

Started by Todd Strong

0 Sep 3

Builders say OK to paint BUT now I'm confused.

Hi all.  We are in the process of buying a log home on the mid north coast of Australia. Every builder I ask can I paint it tells me "of co…

Started by Vicki Lennon

2 Aug 29
Reply by Vicki Lennon

LOOKING FOR REPUTABLE BUILDER FOR UPCOMING LOG HOME PROJECT

I have two acres in Blue Heron Woods in Hawley PA.  Would like to get going on starting my log home this next spring. (2018) Looking to us…

Started by Lisa Trotta

1 Aug 23
Reply by Dana Wellington

E-Log Homes?

My husband and I just purchased land in upstate NY and looking for a builder/supplier. Has anyone heard or or used E-log Homes? They are ba…

Started by Nicole Lalwer

6 Jul 26
Reply by Angela Stovall

Quality Home Builder

My Wife and I have property in NC, and are looking to build our dream Log Cabin Home. as you can imagine there are so many Log Home Manufa…

Started by David McDonald

13 May 25
Reply by CARL LIM

Wall Leaks

Hello everyone. Our log home was built in 2010 and there is one large (our largest) exposed wall that leaks through the log checks during w…

Started by Carlos B

14 May 23
Reply by CharisB

Gutting A Log Cabin

Hi, Can anyone give me some idea of what it would cost to gut a 1600 sq. ft. log cabin and rebuild the interior?  I am trying to decide if…

Started by Tucker Curtis

4 May 10
Reply by Tucker Curtis

Logs needed in California

Looking for logs for adirondack lean to in California.  Need about 300 lf of 8" logs, preferably D-style.  Anyone know of companies in CA t…

Started by baconman

0 May 8

RSS

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service