The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (822)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Has anyone used Hochstetler Milling out of Ohio???

Hi there everyone.  Just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with Hocstetler MIlling based out of Ohio.  I am interested i…

Started by Lisa Trotta

16 Jul 20
Reply by EZMARY

Look what they are doing to our log home :(

Dear Log Home Neighborhood, We just bought this log home and hired a company to do some work on our house. Our contact says the following:…

Started by Karen

32 Jul 14
Reply by Bill

Energy Efficiency ROI

You may have seen in mainstream media a recent study that cast doubt on whether energy upgrades were worth the expense. As a result, the Lo…

Started by Chris Wood

1 Jul 7
Reply by CharisB

Interior Log Walls and Sanding to Remove Water Stains

Hi, I am sanding the interior of my log home, starting with 1 wall in the bathroom.  The home is D logs and therefore the inside is somewh…

Started by August Summer

34 Jul 6
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Concrete log siding?

Building a 2x6 framed home & will use log siding. Want rustic hand-hewn look but low maintenance. Saw an ad for a concrete siding at be…

Started by Mike Fink

2 Jun 16
Reply by Lorissa Stokes

Window Dormer Issues

I need to replace the fascia boards on my gable window dormers. It appears they have been installed too close to the shingles and are rotti…

Started by Mike

0 Jun 16

Moisture Meter Reading

What should the moisture Meter be reading before you stain a deck?  Right now it is 12.  Thanks

Started by Judy & Lee Peacock

6 Jun 5
Reply by Judy & Lee Peacock

THE FOUR BASIC TYPES OF CLEANERS

Chlorine Bleach, Oxalic Acid, Sodium Percarbonate Bleach ( Oxygen bleach), Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) Their Respective Pros and Cons 1. Chl…

Started by Kelly

11 Jun 3
Reply by Kelly

General Contractors

Does anyone have recommendations for a general contractor in the southern NH area? Thanks!!

Started by Pastrygirl04

0 May 21

Hardwood floors

I want to put hardwood floors in our 80 year old full log cabin in in northwest Wisconsin.  What kind of floor do you recommend?  We close…

Started by Nancy Mornar

1 May 21
Reply by Dave R

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2015   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service