The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (932)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wireless Log Home Doorbells

Does any of our log home friends out there know where we can purchase a Wireless Doorbell (Cabin Style) like bears, trees, etc. Our electri…

Started by CJ from Va.

4 Aug 28
Reply by Leenice

Ways to make the home secure

Three homes on my street were robbed recently. It occurred during the early evening. I want to make my home more secure. My front door has…

Started by Frizall

7 Aug 23
Reply by James F. Geyer

Turning Your Log Checks Out

One of the questions I get from log cabin owners all the time is "which log checks do I fill and which ones are ok to leave open ?" Here i…

Started by Guild Log and Timber

0 Aug 17

Soundproofing rooms

Anyone do anything to soundproof any of their interior rooms?  Specifically anything with mass loaded vinyl acoustic barrier?   We'd like t…

Started by The Mitchell's

9 Aug 14
Reply by Robi Haqe

Tenting a log home

Can a log home be tented to kill termites and boring beetles.  If not, why.  Thanks, Cynthia

Started by Cynthia Schnitz

3 Aug 9
Reply by Kevin Dunagan

Buying a scribe

I plan on buying my first scribe and teaching my self this summer, any tips from the professionals on which one to buy and from who ?

Started by Greg Beck

3 Jul 29
Reply by Ko Ba

Lateral weight bearing log walls?

Hi All, New to the forum we purchased an imported  Norwegian log home in Vermont last fall.  The home was built in 1972. I wanted to hang…

Started by Frank Martin

0 Jul 9

Woodpeckers?

First log home and suddenly noticed a bunch of these holes showing up in the roof.  HELP!! Any suggestions on how to deal with them (both h…

Started by Carlos Leon

0 Jul 9

Anyone have Amish build their log home?

Husband and I still working on our dream!  We have talked w/ many log home companies and feel maybe going with Amish builders would be best…

Started by Shannon

1 Jul 7
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Looking for Siding

I have a log cabin that was built in 1998. The bottom corners and siding on the dormers is rotten. The siding was milled by Old Timer Log H…

Started by Toni Hazen

2 Jul 2
Reply by Toni Hazen

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service