The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (818)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Concrete log siding?

Building a 2x6 framed home & will use log siding. Want rustic hand-hewn look but low maintenance. Saw an ad for a concrete siding at be…

Started by Mike Fink

2 Jun 16
Reply by Lorissa Stokes

Window Dormer Issues

I need to replace the fascia boards on my gable window dormers. It appears they have been installed too close to the shingles and are rotti…

Started by Mike

0 Jun 16

Moisture Meter Reading

What should the moisture Meter be reading before you stain a deck?  Right now it is 12.  Thanks

Started by Judy & Lee Peacock

6 Jun 5
Reply by Judy & Lee Peacock

THE FOUR BASIC TYPES OF CLEANERS

Chlorine Bleach, Oxalic Acid, Sodium Percarbonate Bleach ( Oxygen bleach), Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) Their Respective Pros and Cons 1. Chl…

Started by Kelly

11 Jun 3
Reply by Kelly

General Contractors

Does anyone have recommendations for a general contractor in the southern NH area? Thanks!!

Started by Pastrygirl04

0 May 21

Hardwood floors

I want to put hardwood floors in our 80 year old full log cabin in in northwest Wisconsin.  What kind of floor do you recommend?  We close…

Started by Nancy Mornar

1 May 21
Reply by Dave R

Builder's Risk (course of construction) AND liability insurance?

I've been shopping around for builder's risk insurance and already have some quotes (Zurich).  Our current homeowner insurance agent said w…

Started by Cynthia Gugg

5 May 18
Reply by Fred Roberts

Inside humidity

Is there an ideal humidity level for the inside of a log home with respect to the "health" of the structure?

Started by Hank Hill

1 May 18
Reply by Chris Wood

Cracking Logs on Interior and Exterior

Hello, I am new to the board and I attempted to find a similar question that was already asked. Seeing as though every situation is differe…

Started by Laura Ramthun

16 May 9
Reply by Art Hoffman

What should I use to oil my interior logs

I have used orange oil or mineral oil in the past for yearly oiling of interior log cabins to keep the logs looking nice.  Can someone tell…

Started by Stephanie Boutry

2 May 4
Reply by don sigler

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2015   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service