The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (785)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Great room window walls

I have heard trends are running towards all square windows instead of angles and arches on great room window walls, what say you

Started by Greg Beck

3 Aug 13
Reply by Jon Morris

Drywall ceiling vs tongue & groove

We're trying to get the cost of building our log home down to budget and considering using drywall on some of the ceilings.  This would be…

Started by Cynthia Gugg

0 Jul 22

Log Home Finishing promotional video

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

0 Jul 22

Composite decking

We are ready to select deck material, we have a very large deck.   We are firm that we want composite.  I would like to hear your comments.…

Started by Lynn bean

2 Jul 17
Reply by Chris Wood

Log restoration

I just wanted to show some work I do. Vancouver and the Fraser Valley B.C.

Started by Bill

2 Jul 15
Reply by Bill

Need some expert advise on sealing in between logs and window frame

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on What I could use to fill the gaps between my logs and the window frame.…

Started by Ryan

7 Jul 14
Reply by Chris Wood

LOOKING FOR RUSTIC LOG SIDING

i HAVE A LOG HOME IN CENTRAL VERMONT THAT I'M REPLACEING THE FIRST TWO LAYERS OF LOGS AT THE FOUNDATION. THESE ARE THE LOG SIDING BEFORE TH…

Started by david labaire

8 Jul 8
Reply by Colin O'Hara

RUSTIC LOGS

i HAVE A LOG HOME THAT WAS BUILT BY NEW ENGLAND LOG HOME. tHEY ARE NOW OUT OF BUSINESS. I'M LOOKING FOR LOGS OR SIDING THAT IS RUSTIC, HAND…

Started by david labaire

11 Jul 8
Reply by Colin O'Hara

concrete logs vs. wood logs

Hi all, Brand new here, and wondering if any of you have opinions on this: concrete log home vs. wood log homes.  I've just moved from Flor…

Started by Amy Heimann

2 Jul 6
Reply by Amy Heimann

Using a grinder on my log home

Hello,   I had posted a couple of weeks back about doing some maintenance on my log home.  I wanted to get some info on stains.  I used an…

Started by Geoffrey Franklin

2 Jul 3
Reply by Bill

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service