The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (805)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is there anybody here?

Since it's been 2 weeks since a single sole last posted in the loghomeu I thought I check for pulse.  Roll call everyone?  Spring 2015 Log…

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

13 Mar 15
Reply by shanny

Cracking Logs on Interior and Exterior

Hello, I am new to the board and I attempted to find a similar question that was already asked. Seeing as though every situation is differe…

Started by Laura Ramthun

6 Mar 10
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Builder's Risk (course of construction) AND liability insurance?

I've been shopping around for builder's risk insurance and already have some quotes (Zurich).  Our current homeowner insurance agent said w…

Started by Cynthia Gugg

2 Mar 9
Reply by Cynthia Gugg

Any one looking for Log houses manufacturers please contact us

We are manufacturers of the Pine wood houses, please send us the drawing and design for us to offer you an free quote, including the sea fr…

Started by Kabra K

0 Mar 5

Researching contractors to media blast my home in Reliance, TN

I contracted a man and wife team to clean the outside of my log home and apply Woodgard to it after it dried. Unfortunately, they bought an…

Started by Scott Green

10 Jan 19
Reply by Wayne Bell

Large checking indoors on roof beams

Checking on the log beams supporting our roof appears to be increasing.  Maybe it's in my head or maybe it's winter and the checks are just…

Started by Bem

5 Jan 9

A schedule from all, Ground prep to move in?

We are nearing final stage of land selection, with offers etc. Have been collecting data and such from mfgs/builders/GM-mgmt teams/design-a…

Started by chuck charles

32 Jan 6
Reply by chuck charles

New log home owner with an interior wall cleaning question

Hello! I am new to the forum and new to being a log home owner.  My wife and I purchased a 40 year old chinked log home about a month ago i…

Started by Nicolay Bell

9 Dec 22, 2014
Reply by Bill

New Roof - What Color?

017.JPG   014.JPG My wife and I live in a small town in south central Wisconsin. Our log home is 23 years old and in need of a roof replac…

Started by Thomas Leigl

12 Dec 7, 2014
Reply by Thomas Leigl

Real Life Insight in to the building process.

Saw this on another forum today and thought it was a good insight to share with this group as well.  When developing a timeline for a const…

Started by Donald Parsons

3 Dec 5, 2014

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2015   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service