The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (923)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Colorado Log Home Owners

Log Home Finishing knows that owning a well maintained log home is one of the true joys of living in the mountains of Colorado.  Log Stain…

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

0 Apr 8

Inspector recommendations for log home in western NC?

My wife and I are considering buying a log home in Western North Carolina.  We are early in the process and don't have an agreement to buy…

Started by Stephen O.

4 Apr 6
Reply by Stephen O.

Purchasing 45 year old log home with issues

Has anyone bought an older log home?   Our situation: Widow selling her 45 year old log home near lake.  She was original owner. Does not s…

Started by M Shea

1 Apr 5
Reply by CharisB

Amerlink plan?

I built an Amerlink Windsor II in Oregon. I am on the other side of the Pacific Ocean though and trying to get the plans. Does anyone have…

Started by A L Meeko

0 Apr 4

Insurance Coverage for Bird or Insect Damage

Hello,    Was just wondering if you any of you have homeowner insurance policies that cover damage to your infrastructure (logs, fascia, so…

Started by Jim Maher

2 Mar 17
Reply by Peggy Ellis

ICC-400 code

is any one familiar with ICC - 400 structural code?  Building inspector has issued a cease work order until i can verify the loge home kit…

Started by Andrew

10 Mar 5
Reply by CharisB

Full scribe handcrafted log homes... good or bad?

I’m in the planning stages of building a handcrafted log home. I very much like the appeal of a handcrafted log home but my dilemma is I ca…

Started by Chris Davies

0 Mar 1

How to season logs before building

Hello, My first post, after wandering around in this forum. I am planning to build a 26'x32' log framed garage - my first such project.  It…

Started by Larry J. Bishop

4 Feb 21
Reply by Larry J. Bishop

Best stain for western red cedar

Hello I have finished and restored several log homes, but have never worked on a western red cedar home.  What are the best finishes to use…

Started by Tim Waterman

3 Feb 20
Reply by CharisB

Can logs be taken to a kiln?

I'm interested in building a small cabin from the trees on my land. I only need this to last 2 or 3 years. Is it possible to take my logs…

Started by Dan Daughtery

1 Feb 15
Reply by Donald Parsons

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service