The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (932)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Furniture to add to log home

My journey to build and own my dream house still goes on. Dreams might soon turn into reality once I receive the annual bonus upon resignat…

Started by Nancy Grace

0 Jun 25

Quality Home Builder

My Wife and I have property in NC, and are looking to build our dream Log Cabin Home. as you can imagine there are so many Log Home Manufa…

Started by David McDonald

15 Jun 18
Reply by Leon DeLorge

Anyone need some fasteners?

Hey y'all log home enthusiasts, I got to researching about log homes and hardware by accident. I operate a discount paint store up in Lanc…

Started by Peter Fortuna

1 Jun 12
Reply by Peter Fortuna

Baseboards on Irregular Logs

What in the world does a person do about adding baseboards in a log home?  My logs are a variety of shapes & sizes, and this is my firs…

Started by Autumn Kozimer

4 Jun 3
Reply by Susan Schutz

Need help

Hi all, I am planning to install pavers on my pathway. There is a concrete floor at the present. Since I am renovating my home, I am thinki…

Started by jamesguy

0 May 30

Best way to add soffits

Hi everyone, This is my first post on here! I have quite a lot of work to do on my home and was looking for some advice on my current focu…

Started by Aaron

3 May 29
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

fungus on the first row

Hi Those fungi appeared on the lowest log on the north side of our log home. That side is not exposed to the sun at all.  Any advice on ho…

Started by Catrinel Pauna

15 May 24
Reply by Catrinel Pauna

San Felipe de Austin / 200+ year old cabin restoration

We were lucky to play a big role in restoring a historical log cabin. This cabin was a major Texas relic. Here are some links to a time lap…

Started by Guild Log and Timber

0 May 23

Bowed Marvin windows

Our logs are milled on our house built in 2002.  The builder used Marvin wood clad double hung windows.  We were advised nothing special n…

Started by Kristin Hoefling

1 May 23
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Precision craft homes and Harkins log homes

I’m looking for some personal reviews from anyone who has had a home built by precision craft or Harkins.  Thanks Chris

Started by Chris Davies

2 May 6
Reply by Chris Davies

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service