The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (902)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Finishing Drywall against log...

My mom is building a log cabin. The upper floor is drywall and log frame. Unfortunatly it is hard to find quality work in the rural area of…

Started by Hayley

2 Aug 15, 2008
Reply by Hayley

Building Classes

Dear All, Could you list your recommendations as places to enroll on log home building classes/courses? Any specially Appalachian focused…

Started by Jarkko

7 Aug 15, 2008
Reply by Jarkko

structure question

We are building a beautiful log home. However, it appears that in the loft wall, about halfway up that upstairs wall, there are several hor…

Started by marj

1 Aug 4, 2008
Reply by Jarkko

Log home plumbing

I have a question and an idea about plumbing the bathroom in the loft so that no plumbing lines are visible or need to be covered on the fi…

Started by Randy

5 Jul 31, 2008
Reply by Ken Brown

Interior cleaning

I'm about to stain the interior walls, but I need to clean the sun bleaching and weathering off first. Does anyone have any suggestions bes…

Started by Wes Wilt

11 Jul 29, 2008
Reply by Wes Wilt

Granite Counter Help...Quick!

I have been planning for a year to have a chiseled edge counter installed in our log home kitchen. I got the idea from a picture I saw twic…

Started by Anne

6 Jul 26, 2008
Reply by See Dirt Run! Inc.

Milling lines

I'm in the process of building a house and I've gotten to the point of sanding the interior of my logs, I didn't realize that when the logs…

Started by Debbie

3 Jul 26, 2008
Reply by Thomas A. Gaskell

What To Do First???

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums and log home living and have some basic questions regarding maintenance. We purchased a log home last O…

Started by Donna

4 Jul 25, 2008
Reply by Donna

Building on lake front

Hi everyone. I am new to this community. My dream is to own a lake front log home upon retirement. I have done some research and have some…

Started by Chris

4 Jul 25, 2008
Reply by Glenn V

Wildland-Urban Interface

Here in Utah, and other western states, we have some requirements to protect our cabins from wildfire. Some of these required items include…

Started by Wes

2 Jul 21, 2008
Reply by Wes

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service