The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (918)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Exposed beams inside to outside

We owned a home in Michigan that had large 6 X 12 beams supporting the living room ceiling/roof that went through the wall to the outside.…

Started by Joe

3 Oct 12, 2008
Reply by Dee

Window Bucs

Hi. I am at the point to where I will need to do my window bucs for my log home. I am trying to decide if I want to use 4 X 12s or not for…

Started by Dave and Julie Christiansen

0 Oct 9, 2008

basement

Does anyone have any pros and cons using Superior Walls for their basement?

Started by Buck

6 Oct 6, 2008
Reply by steve

Construction loans

ok neighbors, how bout some of yaw give me some expert advice on getting the best interest rate for a construction loan. From your experien…

Started by Buck

3 Oct 5, 2008
Reply by Dee

House wrap on dormers.

Julie and I will be putting housewrap on our dormers this weekend. The article I read recommends using capping nails to attach it. I was pl…

Started by Dave and Julie Christiansen

0 Sep 26, 2008

Ideas on design

We are planning on building in the future and have already bought a real nice 10 wooded acres with a nice creek. I designed this floor pla…

Started by Glenn V

10 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by Glenn V

Poor staining contractor

Recently purchased log sidied home approx 5 years old. Stining very weathered and darkened(blackish). Contractor told us that he would comp…

Started by Dean Freeland

3 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by See Dirt Run! Inc.

Water witching / dowsing

Anyone body know how? My grandfather could do it but died before I was old enough to learn. I think beleive in it since I have heard many a…

Started by NEKVT

4 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by Ted

Building in Northern California

Anyone done it yet? If so, with who (company)? Any tips would be helpful!

Started by Pat

0 Sep 16, 2008

Interviewing a General Contractor

Does anyone have a list of questions to ask a GC to prequalify them as an experienced log builder? Thanks Gatorgene

Started by gatorgene

3 Sep 6, 2008
Reply by Dee

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service