The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Building and Maintenance Issues (932)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What's your opinion on Blue Stain in the logs?

Some people like it and some people dislike it? What's your opinion? Why do you like it or why do you dislike it?

Started by Kelly

14 Dec 1, 2008
Reply by See Dirt Run! Inc.

Washing Logs on the inside of home

We are in the process of sanding our logs and we will still need to wash them. How do you wash logs on the inside without getting everythin…

Started by Dave and Julie Christiansen

3 Dec 1, 2008
Reply by See Dirt Run! Inc.

Dusting Logs on the Inside

Does any one have any suggestions for what to use to dust off our logs on the inside of the house? We have round logs on the inside and the…

Started by Kevin Cherry

10 Dec 1, 2008
Reply by Kevin

Black spots

I have recently noticed black spots on my window seals. It doesn't rub off, so I don't think it is mold. My home is one year old and the lo…

Started by Susan Ross

4 Nov 30, 2008
Reply by Kelly

Log Drying- kiln vs air or standing dead and preservative

I will be building a log home soon. I desperately need advise on which log drying method is best and should I choose a company that uses an…

Started by Beatrice

7 Nov 16, 2008
Reply by Dave and Julie Christiansen

Casablanca Wilderness fan/table lamps

These are beautiful items for my one day log home. They are a bit pricey...Anyone know the best place to purchase on line??? Thanks...Mike

Started by Mike C

3 Nov 12, 2008
Reply by Dee

interested in buying older (1989) log home in PA

How different is it to heat a log home with oil than a stick built home,house is 1968 s ft?? Do log homes built then have insulation? If I…

Started by Linda Cornwall

8 Nov 6, 2008
Reply by Linda Cornwall

Window Wells

I have a basement window located in the back of our log home which extends out the window well about a foot. I want to install a cover that…

Started by Dave and Julie Christiansen

1 Nov 4, 2008
Reply by Glenn V

Adding stonework to the log home foundation

We have a walkout basement and we would like to add stonework on the foundation to dress it up! My questions: 1. What are the pros / cons o…

Started by Shelley Martinez

9 Oct 28, 2008
Reply by Mitch & Rene Jones

What type of foundation?

My family is plannnig our log home, hope to build next year. Has anyone used an Arxx foundation, superior foundations? If you went for one…

Started by Anthony

13 Oct 26, 2008
Reply by Mitch & Rene Jones

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service