The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

So, How Do I? (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DIY Interior Improvements - Window Treatments

Did you ever wonder why most of the homes featured in the log magazines rarely show functional window treatments?  Truth is photographers w…

Started by Ron and Joan Morgan

11 Nov 9, 2011
Reply by Janelle Kratz

Interior Log Cleaning and reburbishing

We bought a log cabin that we think was built in the 60's.   The logs are round, interior and exterior (no chinking).   The inside of the c…

Started by Marlene Gifford

6 Nov 2, 2011
Reply by Cathy Mortensen

When To Begin?

My wife and I purchased 38 acres of wooded undeveloped land in Southeastern Ohio back in 2009. I'm active duty Navy and will be retiring in…

Started by Derek Hartman

3 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by Terry Tadysak

Looking for ideas for selling my log home

I have spent the last 7 years building and living my dream.  Unfortunately, I am now in a position that I need to sell.  I am relocating to…

Started by Dave Upton

4 Mar 21, 2011
Reply by Terry Tadysak

TV in a log home

Hi - we're a few months away from starting to build our log home, and already have a question about where to put a TV.  We're big football…

Started by Kathryn (Katy) A. Dycus

9 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Dave and Julie Christiansen

Metal Roof

HelpLooking at screw down metal roof verses standing seam metal roof..  While the screw down is much less expensive ($18,000 verses $35,000…

Started by gatorgene

7 Dec 6, 2010
Reply by David Ramey

If possible and how too.

I own a small home in Westhampton Ma and We would like to add a partial second story on a shake structure. The home has a full basement and…

Started by Gale Aloisi

2 Jul 28, 2010
Reply by craig peister

New Log Prep

Hi everyone,   I've been searching the site extensively for this info, but nothing seems to cover it directly, so I thought I'd ask.   We w…

Started by The Mitchell's

7 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by The Mitchell's

Water repellants for protecting log homes or fences

I am not sure what I am doing here.  I have tried to add a few u-tube vidios to this site about a water repellant that I developed 20 some…

Started by Dale Peterson

4 Apr 26, 2010
Reply by Dale Peterson

Interior log prep

Many of our interior logs were heavily damaged by rain and snow before the roof was finished, and now it's time to get them cleaned up and…

Started by Meg Butler

5 Feb 8, 2010
Reply by Eric Latocki

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service