The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

So, How Do I? (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

cleaning woodstove glass

I hope this isn't to far off topic, but I was just wondering what different ways the members here have tried to clean the glass on the insi…

Started by Tom Navarre

9 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Howard L. Hart

Repair Porch Rocker

I have one of these porch rockers - with no seat or back.  Does anyone have and idea as to how to redo this.  Do you know where I can find…

Started by Judy & Lee Peacock

0 Sep 9, 2012

Honest Abe Log Homes

Hello Everybody, Has anyone ever heard of this Company? If you have had dealings with them, please let me know. The company has a dealer 1…

Started by neil & Holly

8 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Denny Johnson

Interior Log Cleaning and reburbishing

We bought a log cabin that we think was built in the 60's.   The logs are round, interior and exterior (no chinking).   The inside of the c…

Started by Marlene Gifford

6 Nov 2, 2011
Reply by Cathy Mortensen

When To Begin?

My wife and I purchased 38 acres of wooded undeveloped land in Southeastern Ohio back in 2009. I'm active duty Navy and will be retiring in…

Started by Derek Hartman

3 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by Terry Tadysak

Looking for ideas for selling my log home

I have spent the last 7 years building and living my dream.  Unfortunately, I am now in a position that I need to sell.  I am relocating to…

Started by Dave Upton

4 Mar 21, 2011
Reply by Terry Tadysak

TV in a log home

Hi - we're a few months away from starting to build our log home, and already have a question about where to put a TV.  We're big football…

Started by Kathryn (Katy) A. Dycus

9 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Dave and Julie Christiansen

Metal Roof

HelpLooking at screw down metal roof verses standing seam metal roof..  While the screw down is much less expensive ($18,000 verses $35,000…

Started by gatorgene

7 Dec 6, 2010
Reply by David Ramey

If possible and how too.

I own a small home in Westhampton Ma and We would like to add a partial second story on a shake structure. The home has a full basement and…

Started by Gale Aloisi

2 Jul 28, 2010
Reply by craig peister

New Log Prep

Hi everyone,   I've been searching the site extensively for this info, but nothing seems to cover it directly, so I thought I'd ask.   We w…

Started by The Mitchell's

7 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by The Mitchell's

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2015   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service