The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

CharisB's Discussions (476)

Discussions Replied To (474) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi, Sam. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was out. I usually try to respond within a…"

CharisB replied Jun 23 to Painting log home white

3 Jun 23
Reply by CharisB

"I would add that, in general, wood preservatives mixed in with the stain are not as…"

CharisB replied May 20 to Best Stain>

213 May 20
Reply by CharisB

"Hi, Laura. Well, I replied to your post yesterday, but my post isn't showing up! We…"

CharisB replied Mar 30 to New Purchase - Gaps, Foam Insulation & Logs Splitting

2 Apr 7
Reply by Bob Mack

"We have several log home finishing contractors listed on our website. Feel free to v…"

CharisB replied Feb 1 to Needing advice about blasting and staining.

16 Feb 1
Reply by George

"What a neat idea! I will probably have to order that and watch it. :-) For those wh…"

CharisB replied Jan 27 to Need help with your log home restoration?

4 Feb 5
Reply by Rip Noel

"Good luck with the project! It'll be a labor of love, for sure. Good for you for get…"

CharisB replied Jan 8 to Soft Rot or just aridly dry?

14 Jan 9
Reply by Barbara Bruno

"I mean...if that is rot, possibly having to reface or replace that log (depending on…"

CharisB replied Jan 4 to Soft Rot or just aridly dry?

14 Jan 9
Reply by Barbara Bruno

"Barbara -  Those are called "logs with character." The vertical cracking is typical…"

CharisB replied Jan 4 to Soft Rot or just aridly dry?

14 Jan 9
Reply by Barbara Bruno

"That 40 degree requirement is important. Big Stretch is water-based and cures by eva…"

CharisB replied Dec 8, 2015 to Why do I never see 'Big Stretch' mentioned for exterior caulking?

6 Dec 8, 2015
Reply by Cynthia Schnitz

"Ah. That makes sense and will work fine. Definitely a lot of time! In the end, you w…"

CharisB replied Nov 30, 2015 to Why do I never see 'Big Stretch' mentioned for exterior caulking?

6 Dec 8, 2015
Reply by Cynthia Schnitz

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2016   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service