The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

All Discussions Tagged 'energy' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Energy efficient heating and cooling

Would love to hear the pros and cons of home owner's energy efficient heating and cooling.  I've been thinking about geothermal heat pumps,…

Started by Cynthia Gugg

3 Sep 24, 2013
Reply by Chris Wood

Reasons Why You Should Ask For Testimonials!

The very best way to choose the log home company that suits you is to make sure you hear what other homeowners who have purchased homes fro…

Started by Timber Block

0 Jul 12, 2013

Building Codes, Energy Efficiency, and Green Building - Things to think about!

There is no question, a log home is hands down, the most beautiful home to build. It's rare to find a log home that isn't absolutely gorgeo…

Started by Timber Block

20 Feb 15, 2013
Reply by Craig Johnson

Thank you Perma-chink!

Chinking (Energy Seal) and new Lifeline Advance Gloss is almost done on East side of house.  Love, love, LOVE the deep rich look of the new…

Started by Lee & Sondra Kraley

3 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by Merry Anne Hensley

Help! We're getting desperate!

So, I realize that the purpose of energy seal or chinking is to help with possible heat loss issues.  Esthetically speaking, on a house in…

10 Oct 12, 2010
Reply by Lee & Sondra Kraley

Chinking...to 'match' or to 'contrast'

Tough decision.  Tougher than I would have imagined.We've been in our log home for about 4 years.  We went with 10" milled logs with a uniq…

4 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Lee & Sondra Kraley

Help with interior stain dilemma!

Hi everyone! I appreciate the opportunity to get some input. So, I bought a log home built in 1976 that needed a great deal of work. I have…

Started by Minnesota

3 Nov 23, 2008
Reply by Kelly

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service