The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

All Discussions Tagged 'rot' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rot

Looking for help with this horrible problem, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My second floor bedroom has a balcony.  The logs…

Started by John & Pat Biehn

2 Aug 6
Reply by John & Pat Biehn

Repair of rotting logs

Hello all. I bought a 25 year old log home two years ago. I had no experience with them. I now find myself with a log rot problem on the ba…

Started by Paul Woodman

11 Jul 25, 2015
Reply by Bill

Finding Replacement Logs

Hello! I have purchased a kit log home in northern California.  It has a few rotted logs and I'm trying to find some logs of the same profi…

Started by Jonathan Cassaday

0 Oct 19, 2014

Hill Country Restoration "Premature Stain Failure"

Here is a Slideshow of a house we just restored out in Hill Country. It was built in 93 and stained with siekkens twice. The builder did a…

Started by Guild Log and Timber

5 Jan 6, 2013
Reply by Guild Log and Timber

Question about Weather Seal, any experience? And Sashco complaint....

The other parts of the forum don't seem to have regular traffic so I am posting here...   Our home is 10 years old in central Minnesota and…

Started by Kristin Hoefling

6 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by EZMARY

Log Rot

Hello Everyone~ Forgive me if this topic has been discussed, but I searched and didn't see it specifically. I recently purchased an 25 ye…

Started by Suki

41 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by Michael Collins

Should I Stay or Should I Go

The missus and I are looking an old log house that has come on the market. According to the story it is 180 years old. It was moved to it p…

Started by Yankee Dog

11 May 15, 2009
Reply by CharisB

RSS

© 2019   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service