The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

All Discussions Tagged 'stain' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Treating the outside of an older cabin

My cabin in Richmond, Virginia, is about 100 years old. As far as I can tell, nothing has been done to the outside of the logs since it was…

Started by John Duke

12 Sep 13, 2013
Reply by John Duke

Log Home Pressure Washing in the Desert

In the exciting world of Log Home Finishing, one of the truly awesome tools that we get to use is pressure washing.  In the real world of l…

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

1 May 21, 2013
Reply by Brian Weigel

Problem with log home finishing - need guidance on how to switch from one finish to another product

Hi everyone, new member here.   Let's see, where do I begin?... perhaps with a brief summary, and then the whole story?   Summary: Our 8-ye…

Started by Daniel Poirier

64 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Colorado Log Home Finishing

Log Home Sales Colorado

Colorado has been seeing a big increase in Log Home sales, especially in the high country.  Where I live in Park County, South of Breckenri…

Started by Colorado Log Home Finishing

0 Jan 9, 2013

Black fungus or mold on exterior logs

Our log cabin is located in Southern Vermont on a lake.  I noticed that the northern exposure side, under the balcony has this dark stain a…

Started by John & Pat Biehn

16 Apr 24, 2012
Reply by John & Pat Biehn

need a reference for stripping/staining

I would love to get a name(s) of someone who can strip and re-stain our Katahdin log house.  It does not need immediate attention but I wou…

Started by Judy & Lee Peacock

6 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Raymond Wengerd

Can't resist taking the time to brag

Hello Everyone, There have been so many discussions on what is the best stain out there. Is it worth spending the extra money for the "hig…

Started by Merry Anne Hensley

8 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by Martin J Welt

Blaster Rental

I am looking to blast my log home with a glass media to remove the paint (YUCK!).  I live in SE Michigan near Flint.   1. Where can I rent…

Started by Jim Miller

38 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by See Dirt Run! Inc.

Log stain

My question is to log home owners who have been in their homes for a while...What stain and sealer did you use on your home & how well…

Started by Cassie Berger

2 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by Cassie Berger

Moving log home (one log at a time) - what must not be missed?

I have inherited 1600 sqft log house and now disassembling to move to a new location. It is now ready for roof to come down. What will be t…

Started by Bill Zhushma

6 May 21, 2009
Reply by CharisB

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service