The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Welcome to The Log Home Neighborhood! We're glad you stopped by.

Feel free to introduce yourself here, or, create a profile and start uploading photos and videos, start blogging, join groups and take advantage of all the best resources the The Log Home Neighborhood has to offer.

Oh, and by the way, I'm the Neighborhood Host - so let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns and I'll be more than happy to accommodate you!

Tags: home, introduce, introductions, log, neighborhood, yourself

Views: 4797

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, my wife and I have put our stick built home on the market and have found the log home we have always dreamed of. It is on 10 acres and is 1780 sq ft 1 story with a full unfinished basement. outdoor furnace to heat home and hot water. also a heat pump and electric hot water heater. It is 10 years old and is 8 X 12 logs with dovetail corners. In beautiful condition. few checks(cracks) in logs but very few. 8' X 35 ft covered front porch and large rear deck. Lots of trees and leaves. Been vacant for a year since he passed away and she moved 100 miles away with her kids. We are very excited.Now to sell our house.

Howdy and congrats, When you get ready to fill that new log home make sure to check out our web page for some custom made furniture

Do you know the manufacturer of the original home?  They might still have the blueprints on file and can plot you a set, or send a pdf for your files.  If it was one of mine, I could tell by a close up photo of the chink/log space and dovetail corner.

Chris I have asked the question and have not heard yet. It is dovetail corners but no chink space. I will take pics and post soon.It is in Virginia just north of South Hill Va

Inspected the home today and it is in execellent condition. A few minor problems but no deal breakers.Here are a couple of pictures to show inside walls and great room ceiling. working on more pics. Still do not know what company but all outside recepticals are on baseboard. I know southland does that but probably others as well

I'm brand new to the forum and joining just in the nick of time, I hope! We're very interested in purchasing a log home, and have one in our sights- but desperately need advice as we have not been log owners before.

We live in Montana, where you would think there would be many different log homes to choose from- but we're finding out that's not the case- maybe their owners just love them too much to let them go!

Anyway, will be posting later today in the Maintenance forum regarding a home we're looking at this am- it's got a few flaws- so would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks for having such a wonderful site, I've learned a lot already!

Hi All, my name is Bob and I am building an oak log home on a lake in Texas just southeast of Dallas.  I just got started and I am excited to have found this forum.  My logs are timbers rather than round and I plan to employ the butt and pass method.

Hello my name is Colin O'Hara and I own Northern Lights Log Homes. We are based in Mass and have a second location in Montana. We ship all over the United States. We are a handcrafted log home company.  You can take a look at our houses here 

Photos of our 2013 Log Home Maintenance and Log Home Restoration projects in Colorado: 

Hello to all!! I'm excited to have stumbled across this site. We are getting ready to build our home and very eager to hear anyone suggestions. Thanks!:)

Hi everyone.  New to the forum and fairly new to log cabins.  My wife and I bought a log home about a year ago and love it - although we both always said we didn't like the look and feel of log cabins - but can't imagine ourselves anywhere else now.  We did not buy it from the original owners, but we're told it was a Southland home and appears to be highly modified.  We're on 3 acres in the middle of the woods.  The house is 2 stories with a full basement that is fully finished at about 3,600 SF.  There is also a detached garage that's wood framed but sided with log siding at 1,500 SF. 

I hope there's a lot to learn from here, and I hope I can contribute a bit as well.  I'm an architect with a strong construction background and am quickly learning the nuances of the log construction.

© 2015   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service