The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

New log construction, 8X12 D logs with double row of 3/8 Emseal, foam backer-rod used in all checks with Sascho Log Jam, then finished with two coats of Lifeline Ultra stain/and two topcoats.

I went back in troubled areas and recaulked, but i am still getting some leaks to my disappointment.  I coulda, shoulda, woulda done better by extending the overhang further than 24" in hindsight, but this side of the cabin is windblown typically and 6' overhang might not have sufficed.  Any ideas on sealing up some sporadic leaks?  I don't want to finish interior with water still coming through walls.  I may even caulk all horizontal seams on that side if nothing else does the trick.  Very frustrating!!

Kyle

Views: 315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Porches are a great way to protect, and just a great addition of extra living space three seasons.  No shoveling snow off decks.  Keep your logs and finishes well protected.

Well maybe it's the lower checks and wind driven rain? Or faulty window trim?

I thought of that...i may go ahead and caulk the lower checks to see if that helps.  Windows aren't in the proximity of the leaks, so i'm ruling them out.  Thanks.

Brick and mortar over the entire outside

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service