The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Just a quick question. I just sprayed our log home with Permachink's Shield Guard borate. I used a 50/50 mixture with water and used a garden sprayer to apply it. I was told that it would feel sticky for a couple of days, but it doesn't feel sticky at all. Should I put on another coat of the Shield Guard without adding water to it? I will be staining the logs this next week. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Dave

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You will need to wait about 10 to 12 days before applying stain,before you apply the stain wash your
house down with log wash,make sure its clean.You do not need to apply another coat of shellguard.To make sure the borates have penetrated touch your logs early in the morning before the sun comes out
and see if they are sticky,if they are not sticky then you can wash your house down with log wash.
after that wait about 24 to 48 hours and then you can stain.Thanks Greg
Hi Greg: The Permachink guy told us to do the logwash 1st, so that is what we did. We then waited until the logs were dry and then applied the shieldguard, but the logs never felt sticky. That is what I was wondering about. Do I need to do another log wash after I put on the shield guard also? Dave
wait until about 10 days after applying the shellguard and then do the log wash to make
sure you get all the dust and dirt off the logs and any remaining borates that might be left
on the logs.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service