The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

is any one familiar with ICC - 400 structural code?  Building inspector has issued a cease work order until i can verify the loge home kit I purchased is compliant.  Many phone call and emiles to the company have gone un answered, at a loss....

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A couple options for you:

You can download the ICC-400 code book here: ICC 400 book on Amazon

Also shoot an email or call Rob Pickett with Rob Pickett and Assoc. He's the one who's done a bulk of the work on the ICC 400 code and will have good guidance to you. Visit www.robpickettandassoc.com to get his contact info.

Who did you buy the kit from, if you don't mind me asking? 

Hope that helps for now. 

--- Charis w/ Sashco - www.sashco.com - cbabcock@sashco.com

Hi Charis,

Thanks for the information. I reached out to Rob Pickett this morning, hopefully I will hear back from him.  We bought a Southland Log Home.

Best,
Andrew

Let me know if you don't hear from him. He may even have a contact at Southland, as well. 

Thanks!

--- Charis

I did hear from Rob, he suggested that we contact Southland for help with this issue...

Wow. Let me do some research for you and see what I can find out.

thanks so much.

Try reaching out to Ken Skelkey at Southland. He's the member on file w/ the Log Homes Council of the NAHB (National Assoc. of Homebuilders). Hopefully, he can give you some help.

His email: ksekley@southlandloghomes.com

His phone is just their main #: 800-845-3555

Thanks Charis, we will contact him today.

Hi Charis,

Just wanted to thank you for your help.  We are moving along cabin will be a nice house once compete.  I have attached some pictures, hopefully you can open them.

Attachments:

Beautiful location, Andrew. Glad to hear things are coming along. Did you ever get a hold of anyone at Southland?

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service