The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

As we continue to plan (boy this takes forever), I need to find a log home builder for Northern California Tuolumne County.  We had one lined up, but he quoted extremely high and we're told sometimes builders do that when they really don't want the job.  We had another one lined up, but she's recently moved from the area.  Would love to find someone who can build us this home!

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Finding good help is really tuff these days. In Colorado builders come from all over the world to build log homes. Don't be surprised if you have to pay over $200 / sq ft to build your home. Prices on most supplies have doubled in the past 5 years. If your workers have to travel to your job be sure to offer room and board and travel expenses to be paid for or they won't show. You are building in a rural location in beautiful CA and it's gonna cost a lot and take a long time!
Let us know the size of heated square footage, basement area (finished?), porch/deck area and garage space. With seismic, permits, and site drainage issues in California, $250/sf for main heated likely. Basement at $175/sf finished, garage space at $150/sf, and add $25k for California engineering and permits. I have good people in the region if this smells right and your style is close to my offering.

Hi Cynthia,

I am new to log home neighborhood, but a seasoned  handcrafted log home builder from Canada.

We specialize in the log package, and providing technical support to your contractor .  I have worked with contractors in CO ,NY,and NJ. 

Our work can be viewed  here.  www.davidsonloghomes.com  and I would be happy to  take the time to provide  you a quotation if you would like to  send your plans.

best regards,

Matt Davidson

Thank you (?) all for the eye-opening expenses of building the home. ;-)  As soon as we can get our plans together, I know where to look for some builders - much appreciate the help!

Hi Cynthia,

Your right, planning a log home takes time, care and energy.  We're a family owned handcrafted log home company located in BC Canada.  Since 1977 we've been designing, building and exporting log homes around the world including a California.  We build a beautiful full scribe log home in South Lake Tahoe.

We offer different styles of log home packages ranging from $32 to $65 a sq.ft for the log package.  This wont include your foundation, framing, electrical, plumbing, finishing etc.

Our company will pre-build your log house, ship it and send 2 skilled builders to help in the re-assembly on your foundation and to meet with your local trades to educate them on finishing your log homes.

Please visit our website www.artisanlog.com for more info or email us info@artisanlog.com.

We would love to chat with you.

Talk to you soon,

Josh Littler

Artisan Log Homes

1-604-826-0141

www.artisanlog.com

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service