The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Anybody know of an experienced chinker/caulker for log cabins in Northeast Texas?

I have three log cabins erected at the same location & need the chinking done.

Views: 857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Colorado Log Home Finishing...thanks for the feedback. I realize you probably know the best products, however my brother says his 3 cabins in Lake City, Colorado for 23 years have had Minwax Poly and the Weatherall chinking has held tight all those years. Since we just had it done we are going to stick with the Minwax. Plus my brother is not a complete novice, he has built three log homes in Colorado and one of his log cabins made the cover "Country's Best Cabins" (shown below). But please don't hesitate to offer advise we really appreciate it.

Here is the Weatherall Chinking application guidelines.  Although it sounds like you have had positive experiences in the past, applying chinking against the manufacture guidelines is a 50 / 50 shot.  

http://weatherall.com/chinking-application-guide.html 

Thank you.

Mark,

I would be happy to look at your project. Tom from Colorodo Log Home Finishing is a good friend of mine. He wanted me to contact you. Give me a call if I can help.

JD

JD.....sounds good. We will be in contact with you soon.

Mark,

I asked JD to contact you.  He is our counterpart in Texas and owner of Guild Log and Timber.  Guild Log and Timber does most of their work in Texas.  Give them a call ASAP!

Here is his contact info:

567-214-6205

http://guildlogandtimber.com/

Thank you so much. He did contact me I am just getting the hang of navigating this site. We will be in contact with him soon. Really appreciate your help.

I love log homes, and am just trying to keep this forum alive as much as possible for Log Home Living magazine.

Colorado Log Home Finishing...well you guys do a great job. This forum seems very helpful. So many knowledgeable folks more than willing to help with advise. Hopefully one day our three new cabins in Texas can make the magazine.

Thanks again. 

Thanks for all the help guys.

We ended up hiring an experienced chinker from Utah. 

He is doing a great job thus far.

Been chinking since he was a teenager.

Looks very nice, beautiful chink lines!  Is that Weatherall chinking?

Yes I believe it is Weatherall chinking.

RSS

Sponsors:

© 2014   Created by Neighborhood Host.

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service