The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to build a small log home in southwest Florida where I currently live for retirement. It's easy finding companies that sell log cabins/home kits but not someone who will actually build the thing on my land. Can anyone point to towards an actual log home builder/contractor?  

BTW is the difference between log -cabin- and log -home- referring to square footage or something else?

Thanks!

bill

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill try calling Howell Lodging in Williston, FL he can probably help you he is at 352-529-2070

thanks greg@permachink.com

Hi, Mr. Shaffner.

It's true - finding builders is hard these days! I don't know of many directly in FL, but here is one in GA that may be able to help:

Ferguson Handcrafted Log Homes

Clint Ferguson

(229) 424-4698

clint.ferguson70@gmail.com

You might also reach out to some of the log staining companies out there. They often partner with different builders and can give you some names. Hope that helps!

--- Charis w/ Sashco - www.sashco.com/log-home - cbabcock@sashco.com 

Thanks for the information!  I'll check up on these. 

Mr. Shaffner - 

I have some great news! Had some discussions with a gentleman who has started a company called Design 2 Build Homes. He teaches homeowners either how to build themselves, or connects you with builders who can do the work for you. He also gives you all the info you'll need ensure the job gets done right. Reach out to Pat Rasmussen at 270-306-9270 or www.d2bhomes.com. It's very exciting the work he's doing. You can also email him at info@d2bhomes.com. Let him know that Charis sent you.

Thanks and have a great week!

--- Charis

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service