The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Has anyone bought an older log home?  

Our situation: Widow selling her 45 year old log home near lake.  She was original owner. Does not seem that she kept up with maintenance in last 5 years.  Inspection found slight bowing of foundation.  Also water damage due to leak from flashing.  Lastly, carpenter bees present: contract states homeowner had annual spring pest control service.  

I'm hoping to have a restoration contractor inspect the home. We were not searching for a log home, but we like its quaintness and location.

Would you take a chance?

Appreciate any thoughts.

Mary

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Mary. Definitely have a log home contractor come take a look and give you an opinion. Cosmetic changes themselves can be somewhat costly, depending on what is needed. If there is any rot or significant insect damage, the current homeowner may have to work with their homeowners' insurance to remedy some of those.

If you're interested in some names of contractors who could come give you an opinion, email me. I'd be happy to send you a few names.

Hope that helps a little!

--- Charis w/ Sashco - www.sashco.com - cbabcock@sashco.com 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service