The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

My Wife and I have property in NC, and are looking to build our dream Log Cabin Home. as you can imagine there are so many Log Home Manufacturers in the market. we are looking to buy a shell kit and have a Contractor friend build it for us. questions we have;

1. Is there any suggestions of Log Home Companies that we should look to use or not to use?

2. Is it favorable to have an experienced "LOG" home builder put the kit together, or can any Licensed contractor build it?

Views: 891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would recommend you using River View custom home builder, they're offering to build luxury new home or large scale renovation at affordable price rates than the other that I've googled, if you have questions or your interested, visit their site here: http://riverviewcustomhomes.ca​ I hope it helps

I can tell you who NOT to use-we chose our builder by watching HGTV Log Cabin Living-we rented one of his cabins a couple of times & thought it looked very well built & liked the floor plan-he has been building log homes for 20 years so figured must be ok-talked a good talk but once we got started, things fell apart from there-took 16 months to dry-in a 30 x 30 cabin! Never any supervision on site-local building inspectors saved us from disaster! Buyer beware-do not use Smoke Mtn Cabin Bldrs/Deep Creek Const. out of Bryson City, NC - (we finally have it finished & I love it, but was just a stressful journey!)

We have a NC log company/builder completing our home right now..Nicest folks we came across and we met with alot of log home Companies!! Peele Timber Logs, Middlesex NC! I highly recommend DannyRay Peele!!
(Do stay away from Southland Log Homes. Lying, theiving, crooks!!)

RSS

© 2018   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service