The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who sells the logs only, cut to our specifications based on our plans. I am thinking of not going with a package and would appreciate any input. Thanks

Views: 10594

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.anthonyforest.com/powerlog.shtml
I've been looking at these guys. I just wish more dealers would carry em.
Dear Agnes:
There are many manufacturers that will assist you. And, I can appreciate that your goal is to save money. We would all like to do that. However, I want to suggest some things to watch our for and some other approaches.
1. You may need engineered plans in order to obtain a building permit and those must be done per the exact materials that you plan to use. Even if the engineering is not required, it's a great idea to have it done anyway if your provider does not offer it already.
2. Narrow your search for the right manufacturer by looking for the ones who make the log style [profile, size, corner style & finish] that you prefer; AND the wood species you prefer: AND the drying method that you prefer [green, air dried, partially kiln dried or fully kiln dried]. As a DIY'er you will find fully kiln dried logs will be easier to bulid with and cost less for construction even if the logs cost a bit more.
3. Ask about the warranty on a logs only package.
4. Review in detail the construction process required for the logs you are considering. All log manufacturer have a different construction methodolgy.
5. Only order precut to length logs if your subfloor is EXACTLY to the plans provided by the manfacturer of the logs and precisely level. Otherwise you will have a serious problem.
6. Ask if the manufacturer provides a consturuction manual.
7. Ask what onsite and telphone support is available in case you have a question.
You best insurance for an enjoyable experience is to work with a member of the Log Home Council.
Bob Marcom
Contact Cedar Knoll Log Homes at ron@cedarknollloghomes.com or 800-644-3564.
Good luck.

I found 1 job tile contractor is needed https://25pros.com/price/

RSS

© 2017   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service