The Log Home Neighborhood

An online log home community for log home enthusiasts.

what window color looks best with logs? white is a nice contrast but it is white. I was thinking maybe a alum. clad but staining  the wood on the frames is very time consuming. what do you think?

Views: 7252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shanny that looks great. I used to work for Jeld-Wen many years ago. It's nice to see that they are still selling quality products.

Thanks.

I like Jeld Wen and Marvin both.  I have a Marvin slider in Wineberry (same as Mesa Red...or extremely close).

Excuse the mess...still working on it. Hopefully get it chinked this summer sometime.

Just a little place.

Do you happen to have a blog that details the project?

No...my son said the same thing (computer science).  I have no idea how to even do that stuff.

And ...maybe I don't want to be that much in the public eye.

This was sort of a "bucket list" thing.

This was supposed to be the master bedroom, but we decided with the economy etc. that maybe we would just do a knee wall and bump the loft up 3' and put an upstairs room.  Its small but we have two baths, and a walkout basement.

I also wanted to put painted rustic metal roofing on it, but its a west coast thing and way outside of our meager budget (both materials and shipping)..so we were stuck with asphalt shingles.  I used a charcoal colored metal on the porch roof, and clear polycarbonate panels were used over the windows and slider to let more light into the living room (until I can build some nice kalwall light panels) .  The porch header beams were chainsawed and adzed out of some white pine wind falls.  The rafters were all reclaimed out of a project we tore down two winters ago. The house logs are white cedar.

A stone fireplace would have been great....but it takes up a lot of space. 

I really like it. It's mixed media, small footprint, and unique. Some of my favorite qualities in a home.

At least seventy five percent of the time we are putting in green colored windows. Most of it depends on your stain and log.

Hi ,  Green is probably the most popular color but Black with a black metal roof is very rich looking.  We also use black metal for the spindles in the handrailing.  

RSS

© 2019   Created by Neighborhood Host.   Powered by

Guide to Log Homes | Advertise | Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service