Big "comfort" day at the cabin today. I was able to install our washer/dryer units and the final set of screens to the loft windows. The washer hook-up was easy once I figured out how to remove the knock-out plug on the washer drain in the wall. Quick word of advice: When working around water valves, turn off the water at the main first, otherwise you'll make quite a mess.
So after I toweled off the floor, washer and myself I finished the install.
The screen install took all of two minutes after months of waiting for the correct ones. I called the guys at Blue Ridge Log Cabins out a bit in my previous post, so I need to give them proper credit now. Our salesman, Matt Phillips, took the point on this issue and followed through the whole process to make sure it was done right. The right screens were ordered, he sent me the tracking number as soon as it was available, and he called me on the day it was delivered. Great effort!
On the list for this weekend:
- insulation install in basement
- spread more grass seed
- begin to refinish an old church pew
- move leaves closer to my neighbor's yard