The effectiveness of a pharmaceutical water system depends on its design. The design is the soul of the system. Any pharmaceutical water system design should come equipped with the ability to serve its most basic purpose, which is to help the pharmaceutical organization meet the set quality.
The importance of water can never be overemphasized. Apart from the emotional, spiritual and cultural value it has; water also enjoys a position of complete primacy in the field of pharmaceuticals. In being used for anything from production to processing to cleaning to formulation to Quality Control water is the most widely used and critical substance in the pharmaceutical industry. Its varied grades are used in nearly all stages of the pharmaceutical manufacturing process.
Designing pharmaceutical water systems properly is of great importance
Pharmaceutical water systems thus acquire extreme importance for this reason, because inefficiency or ineffectiveness in the system could lead to faulty final products, which can affect the lives of individuals, apart from causing harm to the reputation of pharmaceuticals companies.
https://compliance4all14.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/p14.jpg?w=150 150w, https://compliance4all14.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/p14.jpg?w=300 300w" sizes="(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px" />
What are the principles of pharmaceutical water systems design?
- Ensuring the pharmaceutical water system operates within its capacity is the first principle of pharmaceutical water systems, because any underutilization or overutilization of capacity can affect the quality of the water system
- Working in tandem with Quality Assurance allows approval of use after installation and subsequent maintenance. A sound pharmaceutical water system has to enable this
- The entry at any stage, be it production, storage or distribution, of unacceptable chemical, physical and microbial contamination should be prevented at all costs
- An effective pharmaceutical water system should ensure consistency and reliability in the quality of water production
- An effective pharmaceutical water system should help commission, install, qualify/validate, operate, perform and maintain itself. Making all these aspects of the water systems industry happen is a core characteristic of pharmaceutical water systems.
- Pharmaceutical water systems must facilitate the easy and regular monitoring of chemical, microbiological and endotoxin levels in water sources.